Fort Meyers Beach

Monday, August 8, 2005

On the Road Again

Date: August 8, 2005 6:48 PM
HI Everyone. 
This is a difficult note to sit down and write because we are in the most beautiful marina (ie. Leamington Municipal Marina) that I have ever seen.  The grounds are unbelieveable with hanging flower baskets everywhere, gardens the full length of the harbour with interlocking brick, floating docks (something that we are really appreciating since the water is so low in all areas), patio furniture on the patio, a covered pavillion, a bottle of Pelee Island wine and a truffle on arrival, a free pump out and 3 nights of dockage for $120.  The people are great here.  There are many transients every night and it is almost impossible to get in on weekends even though there are 175 transient slips.  We have already checked out the 2 condo buildings next to the marina and both are winners.  The cost of a brand new 2 bdrm, 1400 sq. ft. is $189,000.  We will check out the boating in the area; I know there are a lot of destinations but I am not sure of the weather and things like anchoring or swimming.

The two weeks in Windsor was great; we never ate on the boat and never ate alone.  It seemed like there was something going on all of the time.  I was able to get a few projects and things straigthened out for my mother; she was really appreciative and made all of my favourite dishes and desserts.  You will not recognize me when I return.  I do not wear my watch anymore, not because I am retired and time is less important, but it does not fit.  My wrists must be getting too powerful from all of the work on the boat; ha, ha.  We checked accommodations in Windsor as well and we found at least 3-4 keepers.  We are finding that there are plenty of options around, many of which are more reasonable than Kingston, Belleville or Brockville.  It will be interesting to see what we find on Lake Ontario.
The return trip is starting to firm up a little.  A couple we met here in Leamington from Cleveland, convinced us to go to Putin Bay so we have reservations at the Crew's Nest Marina for Wednesday evening.  We will continue on the south shore of Lake Erie and aim to make it to Port Colborne and the Welland Canal for August 15/16.  We will take the next 10 days to get back to Crysler Park Marina so that we can get ready to go to Linda's family reunion on the Labour Day weekend.  Unfortunately, it is in Windsor. 

I do not know how some of you guys find time to work.
Until the next time that I get internet access, have a great time.
Tom & Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment