Fort Meyers Beach

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aground

I did not stay we "ran aground" but I think my boat is on the bottom here in my slip. This is the absolute most that has been put on the boat; probably 10 fold more than normal. We have most everything, I mean everything, onboard but have not yet found places to put it all. Still, I think that we are actually doing better than I thought we would because we are putting things in holes and spaces that we never did before. Right now the boat boat looks like hell (I owe little Alex next door a dollar) but it is true. Three years planning and now we are running are as!#^...heads off in the last few days.

Just over 24 hrs to go. The last load of laundry is in, the fridge is being emptied, and the furniture is covered. I have to remove the battery in Linda's car, turn off the water to the condo, empty the hot water tank, turn off the gas and lock up. Then we go to the boat and store the last of the provisions, swap the permanent dock lines for our transient / travel lines, get my hoses and power cords organized and then with any luck we can join the marina for their usual 4 PM cocktail hour (or 3).

Sunday 10 AM is our target departure time. Many of our local friends want to ensure that we are actually leaving so it has been necessary to set a schedule (pressure). I will be sooooo glad to finally start our 12 month vacation. Linda and I have earned it just in the past two weeks alone.

My next message will actually be sent from somewhere on the America's Great Loop.

Bon Voyage.

Tom and Linda

1 comment:

  1. Todd and I totally agree with you on these last days of anxiety and activity. Take care, enjoy that big deep cleansing breath and sigh of relief. We hope to do the same on Friday (yeah, we've delayed one day just to slow the pace a little!).

    ReplyDelete