Fort Meyers Beach

Monday, August 15, 2011

Strong Wind Warning

(Monday Aug 15 - Dist: 1.7 mi; TTT: 0:30 hrs)

Sugarloaf Marina
Port Colborne, ON


Linda and I were a bit concerned with the wind on the Lake and the fact that the marine forecast predicted 2-4 waves, so we decided to basically go around the corner (this grain elevator at the head of the Canal) to Sugarloaf Marina.  It is a huge marina but with few slips for larger boats.  I really do not like it here because it is a fair distance to town; a town with not much action I might add.  We did have power, water and WiFi which we did not have at the other place.

This time things were better, the neighbours were super friendly and the restaurant on site was re-opened.... well 7 days a week except when I am there.  We went for dinner and found a sign saying that they are closed on this day for staff appreciation day????  What about me??  We did manage to find a good restaurants after our walk into town, so all was not wasted.

On a sad note, I needed fuel after the run on Lake Ontario and had to fuel up in Canada.  Canada is officially the most expensive place for fuel.  I paid less in the Bahamas and in New York City and much less every where else.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment