Fort Meyers Beach

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Petoskey Therapy

(Thursday July 26 - Dist: 58.0 mi; Avg Speed: 16.8mph;
        Seas: 1 foot; TTT: 3:25 hrs)


Linda is back to normal.  And why would she not be; the weather is beautiful and the town has a 2 day sidewalk sale.  This sale is so big that they close down at least 4 square blocks.  She is in her glory and I am keeping her company by checking out the bars.  Everybody is in the spirit even the barmaids.  At one establishment she is wearing a hot orange bikini and a light cover up.  Seven of us abondoned guys sitting at the bar were having a great time watching.... the Olympics of course.  At Mitchell's Pub the barmaid assured all the women that she would babysit the husbands for as long as they wanted to shop.  She told Linda that if she kept the beer flowing and the TV on it was an easy task.

Petoskey is a very nice town indeed; half way between the old money (eg. Harbor Springs) and the new money (eg. Bay Harbor).  At one real estate office window the cheapest property was listed a $1,750,000 with most being over a quarter mil.  This area is different than Fort Lauderdale however because there are no mega yachts here.  Expensive boats for sure but around the 60 foot range.

I know that I was not going to dwell on the Happy Hours but I must mention that we had our first official Looper Happy Hour of the trip on Saturday night.  We shared the fine hors d'ouevres and wine with a couple from Fort Lauderdale and another from Colorado Springs.  Neat.

Our neighbour in the Sea Ray surprised us on Sunday not by the fact that they lent their vehicle to us to get provisions at the Walmart Super Center but the fact that they lived in Canada, in the Soo.  Evidently Cindy has dual citizenship so they keep their boat in Petoskey.  What a great place to boat.

Damn!!  Saturday for my shower there was no hot water.  Damn.
On further investigation I discovered that the thermostat was over heating.  I noticed a loose connection, fixed it but no change.  I swapped this 4 day old unit for the spare that I purchased and so far (touch wood) things look good.  Someone is ensuring that I keep my cool on this trip.

We enjoyed our stay in Petoskey so much that we stayed 4 days and I would surely come back if given an opportunity; perhaps my next Loop.  Not sure where we are headed next but Charlevoix or Leyland are good possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment