Fort Meyers Beach

Monday, April 11, 2011

NASA - The Kennedy Space Center

Sunday April 10, 2011

Can you believe that I cannot sit in the back seat of a car yet experiencing weightlessness was not a problem what-so-ever.  It was a hoot.

Linda and I spent the whole day here and enjoyed it immensely.  It is very well done: the visitors complex has informative and interactive displays as well as two 3D IMAX presentations, while the bus tours have views of the working sites and buildings. 

Endeavour still sits on the Launch Pad but this is as close as we could get. Here is a commercial photo from an earlier launch. 


There were so many interesting facts and sights that I can't do them justice.  I will just post a number of photos to give you a taste.  Everybody really needs to visit the Kennedy Space Center.


I must tell you though that I docked the Orbiter perfectly to the International Space Station and Linda is still lost in space somewhere.  I did not fair so well landing the Orbiter though.





Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB)


Canadarm

Appollo Rocket Booster


Rocket Garden at Visitors Complex


No comments:

Post a Comment